Music Editor Free
Edit music files to enhance the sound and quality
- Category Editors
- Program license Free
- Version 9.2.1
- Size 22.0 MB
- Works under: Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Windows 2000
- Program available in English
If you always wanted to edit and create your own music but didn't want to pay for an expensive software suite, you can use Music Editor Free to use some of those great features for free.
Imagine just how great your home movies would look with a soundtrack played in the background. You could edit your wedding photo and add your and your spouse's song to the track. With funny videos that you shot of your family and friends, you could even add in sound effects that will make others laugh. Music Editor Free is one of the few free programs that gives you access to great music editing tools.
Though this software requires that you import music and sounds to the program before using it, it gives you a few ways to do so. If you have compact discs, you can place one in your disc drive and drag those songs right over from the CD to the program. For files that you already have on your computer, you can do a quick search and bring in those files. Music Editor Free will even let you record new audio clips with a connected microphone for use in the program.
Once you have access to the songs and audio clips you want to use, Music Editor Free lets you manipulate and adjust those tracks in dozens of different ways. Adjust the speed at which the song plays, add in a short speech that you recorded, or just add a quick sound effect. It also lets you add multiple songs or clips together to create one long piece of music. Do you have a clip but only want to use a portion of that clip? With Music Editor Free, you can actually delete any portion of that clip and save just the piece you want to use.
As Music Editor Free runs so smoothly and quickly, you can actually use other programs at the same time. You can surf the web or edit videos while importing songs. While it does suffer from some freezing and importing songs can take longer than you want, it's a pretty good option for those looking to save money. Music Editor Free doesn't come with as many tools as premium music editing programs do, but it lets you do most of the editing that you want to do to your own songs and music.
- Lets you edit songs saved on your computer or ripped from a CD
- Will work with audio clips you record with your own microphone
- Comes with features for deleting portions of a song or clip
- Makes it easy to splice together multiple audio clips
- Works with different audio file formats
- May freeze in the middle of importing songs
- Importing multiple or longer songs can take longer
- Freezing is possible when editing longer songs and larger files
- Doesn't come with all the editing tools and features that premium software does